Gender Summit 18 Africa
Gender Summit 18 – #GS18AFRICA
Since 2011, the Gender Summit has provided a forum for scientists, gender scholars, policymakers, research institutes, funding organisations & civil society to discuss research evidence and chart pathways for improvements. Initially set up for the European science community, the Gender Summit has subsequently expanded to North America, Africa, and the Asia Pacific, linking critical players across various science sectors around the globe to engage in joint and transformative actions to advance understanding of gender issues towards sustainable and effective research and innovation.
Organized on the side-lines of the #NEF2020, the #GS18AFRICA will feature a wide range of panel discussions, power talks, poster presentations and networking sessions under the theme: “Agriculture through the Gender Lens: From Surviving to Thriving in a Climate Changing World”.
We are AI! Into the world of Artificial Intelligence
We are AI – Into the World of Artificial Intelligence
A Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Pre-Event
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) and Quantum Leap Africa (QLA), in partnership with IMAGINARY, will organize the Virtual Conference and Exhibition “We are AI, into the World of Artificial Intelligence”, aimed at students, researchers, and the general public all over the world.
Organized on the side-lines of the virtual Next Einstein Forum (NEF) with the theme: “Building Africa’s resilience through education, research and innovation,” the AI event seeks to build inspiration and spread awareness on Artificial Intelligence technologies — their advances and sectoral applications, and contribute towards increasing the appreciation and uptake of AI concepts and its applications in academia, research, and society.
This virtual event will raise questions like:
What is AI?
How do different types of AI work?
How and where is AI currently used?
Is AI already around us?
How does AI affect us?
Should we be afraid of AI?
What is Africa’s involvement in AI?
How can you become an AI professional?
How does AI affect privacy in Africa?
The virtual event will take place on December 3rd and 4th, 2020, through the video conferencing platform Crowdcast. You can therefore attend from any place, as an individual or as a group, e.g. at your campus.
Save your spot now at the Crowdcast event page to participate as an individual or as a group.
Researchers and students working in the field of AI are invited to participate with presentations of their work or expositions of classical AI concepts in innovative ways.
Submit your proposal or expression of interest to email@example.com until the 25th November 2020.
Apply as a volunteer to provide answers to AI questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access the complete information about the event using this link.
We acknowledge financial support from:
The interactive exhibits and content are financed by the Carl Zeiss Foundation within the I AM A.I. project.
- Dr Rosita E. Yocgo – Research Group Leader, Plant Interactions and the Environment, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Rwanda
- Prof Blaise Tchapnda – Academic Director, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Rwanda
- Dr Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla – AIMS-Canada Research Chair in Climate Change Science, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) | AIMS Rwanda
- Dr Andreas Matt – Managing Director, IMAGINARY gGmbH
- Dr Daniel Ramos – Chief Content Officer, IMAGINARY gGmbH
- Dr Antonia Mey – Researcher and project manager, IMAGINARY gGmbH
- Prof Sam Yala – Centre President AIMS Rwanda
- Prof Barry Green – Centre President AIMS South Africa
- Prof Mama Foupouagnigni – Centre President AIMS Cameroon; Chief Academic Officer AIMS Global Network
- Dr Prince Osei – Centre President AIMS Ghana, Lead Scientist & Director for Quantum Leap Africa
- Prof Moustapha Fall – Centre President AIMS-Senegal
We look forward to an amazing online interacting with you on the 03 and 04 December 2020!
Links to past AIMS-IMAGINARY Science Communication Events in Africa
- AIMS-IMAGINARY / Maths Communication in Africa, South Africa (2014): https://aims.ac.za/aims-imaginary-maths-communication-in-africa-workshop/
- MathemAfrica Maths blog: http://www.mathemafrica.org/
- Second AIMS Imaginary Maths and Science Roadshow, Workshop and Exhibition: https://aims-senegal.org/2015/11/01/2nd-aims-imaginary-maths-and-science-roadshow-workshop-and-exhibition/
- AIMS-IMAGINARY at NEF, Senegal (2016): https://imaginary.org/event/nef-2016-senegal
- AIMS-IMAGINARY at NEF, Rwanda (2018): https://imaginary.org/event/holo-math-at-the-next-einstein-forum-2018
- IMAGINARY in cooperation with AIMS at π-Day in Dar Es Salaam: https://imaginary.org/event/imaginary-in-cooperation-with-aims-at-p-day-in-dar-es-salaam
- Second Ministerial Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) in Africa, at the Hassan II Academy of Science and Technology in Rabat, Morocco: https://imaginary.org/event/aims-imaginary-at-africa-sti-forum-2014